I love this blog of mine, but I really don't work hard at promoting it. I am active on Twitter (@wafflingblog- find me. I'm awesome), but I don't really use any other social media. I post blog posts to my personal Facebook, but I probably should make a blog page for it instead. I use Pinterest, but not too much (I think I have lost interest in it...am I alone there?). I dabble a bit on Google+, but I don't really "get" it. I don't have Bloglovin, because I use Feedly to read blogs and other websites. I don't have Instagram because I have a ghetto Blackberry and it doesn't have that app. Buuut...I finally asked my boss if I can get a better phone (for non-instagram related reasons, but still) and he said yes! I just need to go buy it and it keeps getting put off. (Yes, my work pays for my phone. It is awesome, but it means I am on call 24/7, even on vacation. However my bosses are cool and hate to bother me "after hours").
What social media do you use? What do you like/dislike? I don't have 600 hours in my day to manage a bunch of accounts so I need things to be simple!
Also, I have been feeling a bit frustrated with not properly promoting my blog and getting more readers because I have an actual Degree in Marketing! This should be textbook! But I have realized three things which may explain this:
1. Personally, I like that my blog is low-pressure and I can post as I please. I am not constrained by making an income from it.
2. Fame is scary. It can come with new fans, or it can come with haters who judge you.
3. Social Media wasn't a "thing" when I got my degree!!
Lastly, I want to talk about blog comments because I want to feel I am doing "right" by you guys that are kind enough to come over here and say nice things about my posts. With the Blogger platform, there isn't a plug-in that will email you and let you know when I respond to your post. And a lot of you are "noreply" bloggers so I can't email directly you if you ask a question (y'all need to fix that).
So which do you think is better?
1. Replying ON the blog post so new readers see I DO interact and love commenters
2. Emailing people directly to thank them for their comments, but leave no response on the blog post (I ain't doing both; Ain't nobody got time for that)
The other option would be installing a third party comment system, but I do want to make commenting as easy as possible for people. Any suggestions?