I got a little bling bling for the bathroom! Can you guess what it is?
I got a tray for the countertop! After complaining how much I hated having clutter all over my new countertop, my friend Lisa suggested using a tray to hold everything and help visually declutter. I keep a LOT of my countertop and I don't see that changing. I am a real person and if all my stuff is not in plain sight I will simply forget to use it.
However, I haven't picked the paint colour yet (oh, and my friend threw coral paint into the mix so now I am even more confused on that! haha), so I am reluctant to buy accessories. However my new tray is mirrored and mirrors go with everything :)
I still want to pop into Bath and Body Works and get a cover for my soap dispenser (look how many cute options they have!). And yes, that is soap from their Christmas line! I stock up during sales ;)
Other the other side of the sink I just have this:
So there is still plenty of counterspace for other random things, like selecting my makeup for the day. I love that copper tin- it is actually a case for some really fancy cookie cutters. I keep all my earrings in there. I think I would be way too lazy to attach my earrings to any sort of earring mesh thing, so this works for me.
I also keep my Qtips in a mason jar
Much cuter than a big blue box. I kind of wish I could keep the lid on it, but I like the easy access. I know some people are anti-Qtip, but I actually mainly use mine for eyelash glue application.
So here are my tips for organizing a tiny countertop
1. Use trays to collect loose items
2. If you have the space, use a case that can close so the cutter isn't visible
3. Upgrade jars and containers, where available, to something more your taste
4. Remove labels from items (I took the label off the case that holds my facial cleansing wipes)
5. Keep to a similar colour scheme, or use neutral colours
6. Only keep out what you really need on a day-to-day basis
7. Keep in mind what you will really use- I don't use bar soap or have a normal toothbrush, so I only have the cute cup from a bathroom set vs the all items you can get
8. Keep it clean!