When I began blogging, I think I just had these dreams of doing creative things in my condo and sharing them with the world. I wasn't sure what I expected would come of it- no readers? 5 million readers? I really had no idea and no plan. I just typed. And through the months my focus has changed a bit. My blog has moved from a DIY/design blog to more of a design/lifestyle blog since I realized I now have a platform to talk about Alopecia, and life in the city, and other things that people might enjoy. It has really been a great adventure and I have learned a lot.
In one year I have had:
- 51,000 page views
- 268 posts
- 40 subscribed followers (and other friends and family who tell me they read daily!)
- 688 comments
- 377 spam comments
- 10,000 typos
The best part about blogging, though? The people. When I first started out in this little blog world, I was excited to have my projects out there and to write pretty posts and such. Never did I expect to be so embraced by this blogging community. Once I joined Twitter it exploded. I have this amazing group of bloggers that I chat with every day and I feel so blessed to have them in my life. We laugh and commiserate so often and I feel like we are real friends, even if I haven't met them in person!!
A big question posed to bloggers is "Why Do You Blog?"
I blog because it gives me a creative outlet.
I blog because it forces me to get off my butt in the evenings and do something constructive
I blog in order to get feedback on ideas from my peers
I blog to belong to an amazing, supportive community
I blog to spread awareness of Alopecia
I blog to spread awareness of teeny tiny condos
I blog to share my life with my family and friends
I blog because it is a challenge (but also fun!)
I blog for so many other reasons I cannot even articulate!!
I make no money off this blog. In fact, I am pretty sure it costs me a lot of money because I keep buying things for the condo now :). I am really just here typing away because I enjoy putting content out there every day! I hope to take what I have learned this past year and put it towards improving the blog for another year so hopefully I can meet some more great bloggers and expand my blogging circle!
2nd year goals:
- New header and some other webpage tweaks (in progress!! hopefully soon!)
- Bathroom reno will finally get under way
- More organized posts so I am not always scrambling to write something last minute
- More small space posts- I live in 400 sq ft, unlike most bloggers, and I need to showcase that angle!
- Increase in tutorials and craft ideas
- Get back into sewing!
- Less typos (ya, girl can dream!)
- Better photography
- If you are a blogger, why do you blog?
- If you are not a blogger, why do you like reading blogs?
- What ideas do you have to improve my blog next year? (Be honest!)
Hugs and Butterfly Kisses,
|Photo Credit: Lisa Wilson|