Anyway, this post is because yesterday Cait at Hernando House and some of us on Twitter were discussing how best to hide her electrical panel, which is randomly next to her master bedroom in the hallway of her house. I realized that I don't think I have ever properly showed how I hide mine! If you have been reading this blog for awhile (or have visited my condo), you might be realizing right now that you have never seen the panel!
That is because it is one of the first things I focused on when I moved in. See, my electrical panel is RIGHT in your face when you enter the condo! Yuck! I decided to cover it with a mirror because you need a mirror in a front hall regardless. My dad brought me over some mirrors to cover it years ago, and this one chunky one fit the bill!
|Now You See It|
|Now You Don't!|
Other ideas for hiding a panel:
- Painting the panel to match the wall (maybe with chalkboard paint!)
- Hanging art/or an old shutter over the panel
- Leaning a mirror against the wall
- Build a box over the panel, with a door for access (just make sure it is to code!)
- Hang a curtain over the area
- Cover it with framed corkboard and make it a message centre
- Hang a framed calendar over it
- Hang a frame around it and pretend it is modern art ;)
If your panel is not centered in the wall, don't be afraid to use a covering that is larger than your panel to make it look nice and even on the wall!