So remember how early last week I mentioned I was redoing my hallway art and would update you on the change later in the week? Ya, I suck because I am just doing that now- a WEEK late. But there is a good reason for the delay and I will explain later in the post.
So the current hallway looked like this:
1. the frames are only 9x11" and this is a looooong hall so it might seem too small in the space
2. it would be difficult to add to as I travelled!
So I went with the simplistic option two!
In order to make sure I hung these properly (they needed to sit tightly together so I had to be a pro-star hanger. First thing I did was make templates of my frames and cut them out. I used newspaper, but I found it way too flimsy so I don't recommend it.
Then I hung my templates on the wall using painter's tape. I was then able to mark off where all the nails needed to go, nail into the wall, rip off the paper and VOILA! Hung art!!
Ok, I didn't get it 100%. I blame the flimsy newspaper. But it only needed a bit of adjusting and frankly, the holes are all covered. haha. The top frames wouldn't hang properly since they butted onto the frames beneath them, but I used a bit of sticky tack to secure them onto the wall.
And here is the final, FINAL, wall:
Tomorrow I will go a bit more in-depth about why I chose to do this project. Stay tuned :)